Many Meals.....One Cut of Meat

I'm sitting here thinking, which is always a dangerous thing, and I have an idea I want to try. If I can cook one large cut of meat on Monday and use the leftovers to stretch it into two more meals it could streamline my menu planning, which has been hectic since the kids started preschool. My thoughts:

Week 1, Meal 1 ~ crockpot roasted chicken and biscuits
Meal 2 ~ chicken pot pie or chicken quesadillas
Meal 3 ~ chicken noodle soup or chicken and dumplings

Week 2, Meal 1 ~ crockpot pork roast
Meal 2 ~ BBQ pulled pork sandwiches
Meal 3 ~ pork fried rice

Week 3, Meal 1 ~ crockpot beef pot roast with veggies
Meal 2 ~ beef fajitas
Meal 3 ~ beef barley soup

Then we can supplement the other nights with other meals using: vegetarian dishes, seafood, ground beef/turkey. I'll probably be giving this method a try soon; it really sounds like it could work.

0 comments: