Ribs ?!

Oh what a pain! Ribs are not something we eat very often (once or twice a year), so I have very litle experience cooking them. But Marc loves the things, and since they were on sale I thought it would be nice to surprise him with some barbecued ribs for dinner. What a mistake! Searching the internet provides me with a minimum of 4,592 different ways to do it. I decided that I should make a record of how I do it, so that if they turn out tasty I can refer back to this post next year when I go to cook them again. LOL

I'm going to go with searing these country-style pork ribs in a pan with olive oil, then baking them in a covered pan at 300*F for 1.5 hours, coating them in sauce, and returning them to the oven for another 30 minutes. And I'm not doing a rub or using homemade sauce, either! And he's going to think I'm spoiling him and thank me profusely. Imagine how he would feel if I went all out and actually used some of my cooking skills to impress him. *grin* Oh well, I'll spend the afternoon outside with the kids and he'll still think I'm great. That sounds like a great afternoon to me!

0 comments: